Interested in an evening soaking up the history of Fitzroy’s Historic Pubs?
We’ll start the ‘tour’ at the old Rob Roy Hotel now The Workers Club for afternoon drinks
Next we’ll move onto The Gertrude, favoured by the renowned gangster Squizzy Taylor, for dinner.
After tea we’ll continue our way through as many of Fitzroy’s Historic Pubs as we can manage, The Labour in Vain, The Grace Darling, Union Club and the Rochester Arms
So come join us for a pint in some of the oldest buildings around Melbourne, we’d love to see you all there and you never know you might even learn something!
The Workers Club, 51 Brunswick St Fitzroy
Thursday 16th of May 2013
Our trowel supplier has offered us a substantial discount, so we can now offer the high-quality WHS trowels for just $25 each (compared to our normal price of $30, or our competitors at around $35 plus postage costs!).
However, the supplier will only offer the discount until this Friday.
So, if you would like to buy a trowel, please do so via our online store by 4pm THIS FRIDAY.
Similarly, our 'Essential Field Gear Pack', which includes a trowel, LAS t-shirt, knee pad and waterproof notepad, has been discounted to reflect the cheaper trowels. This pack is now $35 instead of $40 and can also be ordered via our online store.
Notice is hereby given that the original La Trobe University Archaeological Society website has been shut down. A PDF copy of all of the blog posts on that website is available here.
For access to any of the documents linked within the blog posts, contact us (although these are now deprecated documents).
You may be familiar with the Rite in the Rain water- and tear-proof notepads. These were great, but you had to use their special pen with it, and this cost around $70 once you buy the pen and add in the postage costs, so was beyond most of our budgets.
Today, I'm delighted to say we have a new, lost cost option available in our online shop. How low is that cost? Just $5. And it doesn't require a fancy pen.
Check out a short demonstration video below.
[KGVID width="640" height="360"]http://www.latrobearchsoc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/New-waterproof-notepad-lowres.m4v[/KGVID]
Right-click or ctrl-click this link to download.
At the Society's annual general meeting, held on the 10th of April, 2013, the Society ratified proposed changes to the Society's Constitution. The new version of the Constitution can be downloaded as a PDF document from this link:
LAS constitution rev-2013-Mar-13 (ratified)
Minutes, slides and an audio recording from the AGM will be uploaded to this website soon.
A few changes have been proposed to the Society's Constitution.
The proposed changes are detailed in this document.
Interested members should comment on this post to register any concerns or comments they may have.
This proposed Constitution is to be ratified at the upcoming Annual General Meeting.
Summary of changes:
1. Removed 4ii/a (which prevented Associate Members of the Society from having voting rights; deleting this section gives these members voting rights at General Meetings).
2. Added 8xi/a (which allows Associate Members of the Society to serve on the Executive Committee).
3. Added 8xii (which specifies that all members of the Executive Committee must provide certain personal details to the Treasurer for the purpose of maintaining the Society's registration with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission/the Australian Taxation Office. This information is required to retain the Society's Australian Business Number).
4. Added 9ii/a (which allows the President to withdraw/deposit funds from/to the Society's bank accounts without having to have another officer to co-sign any bank documents - this is added as it will eliminate logistical problems in accessing funds).
5. Added 9viii (which specifies that the Treasurer or the President are responsible for handling all taxation-related matters).
6. Added 9viii/a (which says that the Society will pay any costs relating to taxation or the administration of financial records).